Monday, November 7, 2011

How to use Bookr to teach volcabularies?

Do you know what is Bookr? Is it, an on-line book store or a library? All wrong, it's like an empty magazine, and you can add imagines and notes on it, or it's like an Electronics Photo Album that you can attach your photos and write feeling about that. Most of the people use it to record his or her life and journey, have you ever thought that we can use it in our ESL class? When I first know about this amazing om-line tool, there are many thoughts jump into my mind about my future teaching, like I can let the students to change their way of writing diaries; or for the beginners, I can let them to make simple stories with pictures and simple sentences.; Furthermore, I can use this tools to teach students vocabularies, and this is the one I want to emphasize and illustrate today.
After I came to America, I found I was lack of everyday English words. It's really frustrated when I walk into a supermarket and there are hundreds and thousands of products I cannot call their names. It's not just me, but most of the L2 students who are studying abroad. So I have three objectives to achieve of using Bookr. 1. Let the students have fun; 2, Let the students to learn the words in an easy and obvious way; 3. Let the students to use it for better study and enjoy others learning sharing too.
There is a Bookr below. It's a simple example I made and let's see. How can we learn from it?


This is a Bookr which introduces fresh fruits to the students with the pictures and words. When students learn words in this way is more fun than read the words with its meanings on the books. And I don't need to translate the target language to their mother-tone, otherwise. They can know the meaning by watching the pictures. Every student can make his or her own vocabulary Bookr and share with each other by posted it on the blog. So it's really convenient, right?

1 comment:

Maryanne said...

As you have pointed out, these books can provide the basis for many vocabulary lessons.