Monday, November 14, 2011

Animoto---A Potential Teaching Tool

What's Animoto? It's website for you to create stunning video slideshows.
How to use it? Turn your photos and music into stunning video slideshows. You provide the photos, you pick the song, and Animoto will add the magic.

 Make your own slideshow with music at Animoto.

I used to use similar tools for creating my electronics photo album. But this one is more easier and convenient. There are three advantages. First, the speed of Animoto is quick. Second, we can directly choose the music instead of uploading the one, and the website already offers enough choose. Third, it can be shared, download and posted.
When I first use it, I just think it saves me lots of  time and I get fun from making it. Meanwhile, I find it's a potential teaching tool. Nowadays, students learn English, especially in China, because they have to, but not for their on sake. What we must do is to change this embarrassed situation. How to stir the students' interesting become the primary task.
As for me, I'll let the students to use this tools in two ways in my future teaching.
On the one hand, we all know that nowadays students like to post their photos on the web to the public. I'll change the way they usually do, instead, let them to create Animoto with brief introduction and text in English. Meanwhile, leaving commands to other classmates. It's not a required work,but just let them to form a habit of noting everyday life in English.
On the other hand, I'll combined it with blog. Blog should not just be words and pictures. We should make more vivid and attractive. Everyone likes travel, no matter outside or on the Internet. Students should create their own travel Animoto and write diaries every week.
Don't wait, just give it a try — it's fast, free and shockingly easy.

1 comment:

Maryanne said...

This could be a motivating tool either with just photos which the students have to comment on afterwards with the class or by adding some text. Adding text may be easier with some of the other tools.